Sheiko Elementary School is named after the previous principal of 26 years, Kathy Sheiko.
Our mascot is the Shark and our colors are blue and white.
Our school motto is "Building Leaders and Learners One Student at a Time"
Our staff is dedicated to helping our students build their Leadership and Learning skills in order to be successful in the 21st Century.
It was in 1842 when William Arnett brought his family west from New York State. Struck by the beauty of Orchard Lake, as he drove his wagon over the last knoll he decided to settle on 160 acres south of the lake. He purchased the land from the U.S. Government for $2.50 an acre.
In the 1850s, the original Green School was built on land owned by Hartwell Green. It was located near the present site of Savoie Trail and Green Road. The wood building had one classroom measuring 20' by 34'. One teacher taught all eight grades. The students ranged from five to eighteen years of age. In 1949, Mrs. Etsel Stubbs taught 41 students in six grades. A music teacher, A. H. Stecker, visited the school once a week.
Population had outgrown the old school by 1948, and a new four classroom building was constructed at the present site on Walnut Lake Road. The new school had a capacity of seventy students, grades K through 6, and was now one of two elementary schools in the area. This building is still in use today. Just west of the present Green School, it is known as "Little Green", and houses the West Bloomfield School District Media Center.
In 1957, the present Green School was built. First day of classes for students was on February 4, 1958. As growth demanded, a wing was added on the east side during the 1960s and the west wing was completed in 1970. Three additional classrooms and a new media center was added in 1990 , three classrooms added in 1994, and three more classrooms in 2002 .