We have limited openings for 2023-2024
- Grades 9-10 at West Bloomfield High School
Applications are accepted online, May 15 - July 7, 2023
In order to be accepted into the STEAM program, applicants must meet the criteria and submit a discipline report from their current school.
Please submit the following:
- Report Cards for the most recent semester must be submitted as soon as possible and no later than the day of testing
- Discipline record/log entries must be submitted as soon as possible and no later than the day of testing
- A copy of IEP/504 accommodations if applicable
- Submit documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expectations for Schools of Choice STEAM candidates include the following:
- Oakland County resident
- Strong grades in the four major content areas (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science)
- A positive discipline report, with no suspensions
- A strong score on the CogAT test
The CogAT Test
1. Familiarize yourself with the format of the exam: The CogAT consists of three sections, each of which is timed at 10 minutes: verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal. Knowing what types of questions to expect in each section will help you prepare effectively.
a. Verbal/Picture Analogies (students must identify relationships between verbal concepts)
b. Number Analogies (students must identify relationships between quantitative concepts)
c. Figure Matrices (students must identify relationships between spatial forms)
2. Practice with sample questions. You can find sample CogAT questions online or through purchased preparation materials. Practicing will help you get a feel for the types of problems you will encounter on the exam and improve your test-taking skills.
3. Review your core subjects. It tests reasoning skills that are developed through your studies in core subjects like math, language, and science.
Questions about the STEAM application, the selection process, and dates of testing should be emailed to: email@example.com
Schools of Choice
Applications for K-2 Schools of Choice opportunities at Gretchko Elementary and Doherty Elementary for the 2023-2024 school year have closed. Please check back again in January of 2024 for future opportunities.
Roosevelt Elementary School (Kindergarten-only)
This window has closed for the 2023-2024 school year. Please check back again in January 2024 for future opportunities.
High School Pathways-STEAM
West Bloomfield High School, Grades 9-10
May 15 - July 7, 2023
July 12 and July 13
July 17, if necessary