Health and Wellness
On Monday, March 23, Governor Whitmer issued an Executive Order today with the instruction for residents to Stay Home - Stay Safe - Save Lives. This order went into effect on March 24, 2020 at 12:01 am, and continues through April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
The order also instructs K-12 schools to remain closed through April 13.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community Awareness Information
Rest assured, the West Bloomfield School District continues to work closely with and follow guidance from the Oakland County Health Division, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The best prevention for COVID-19, and any other virus, such as the cold or flu, is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
If you are sick, please stay home and avoid contact with others.
Subscribe to updates from the State of Michigan by filling out this website form.
The district has put together a combined list of information resources and videos from the local, state, national, and international level. Please visit the link below to review and learn more.
Share accurate information
Always share accurate information about a virus and its spread. It is important to remember that stigma and discrimination occur when people associate an infectious
disease, such as COVID-19, with a population or nationality. COVID-19 does not target people from specific populations, ethnicities or racial background. Suspected discrimination can be reported to the Michigan Department of Civil Rights.
Custodial Responsibilities during Closure:
- All buildings will be open 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
March 16 through March 20
- Initiate deep cleaning of buildings
- Includes cleaning of diffusers, air vents, light screens, walls, white boards, furniture, and casework.
March 23 through March 27
- Concentrate on Floors
- Mop, buff, burnish, strip/wax
- Clean all windows, bathrooms
March 30 thru April 3
- Check and replace ceiling tile, lights, filters
March 16 thru April 3
- Paint where needed in buildings, clean up outside buildings
Operations Department leaders will be monitoring and recording daily what work has been completed.
Due to health concerns across the region, and attendance expected to be lower than projected, some events across the district will be rescheduled.
List of Events
Meal Service Program Information
As we officially make a temporary transition from the classroom to the cloud, we are happy to share that our Food Services team has fully developed a plan to provide lunch to anybody under the age of 18, regardless of their city of residence.
Learn more about our Cloud Learning Meal Service program.