COVID-19 Travel Reminders for Families
The CDC recommends that unvaccinated individuals should refrain from traveling internationally. If you are not fully vaccinated and must travel, it is important to follow the CDC's recommendations. Students that travel internationally must do the following upon return if they are not fully vaccinated:
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel. Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days. If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
Fully vaccinated individuals must get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel, but do not need to quarantine. These individuals should self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and isolate if symptoms do develop. These individuals should also follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.