Parent Collaboration Group of West Bloomfield
The purpose of the Parent Collaboration Group of West Bloomfield is to bring together parents of the district with the Superintendent, representatives from each school’s PTO boards, the community, police, local organizations, and school board to share information and work toward positive initiatives for our school district and community.
In order to bring these groups together to discuss topics important to our community, the Parent Collaboration Group of West Bloomfield will be hosting four meetings during the 2019-20 school year.
Parent Collaboration Group of WB Schedule/Topic/Location:
- Sept. 26 - 7 p.m. at Doherty Elementary - "Allergies" - WBSD alum - Erin Mandras, author of "Austin's Allergies" is coming to talk about the importance of allergies for those who have them as well as those around them, what our district does to ensure a healthy and safe environment, and why does it have to affect all of us - younger and older children, those with allergies and those without, all of our schools, the way we pack lunches, snacks or have parties, etc.
- Oct. 24 - 10 a.m. at OLMS - "Experience firsthand how our kids collaborate" - We know how important it is to effectively collaborate with one another in a variety of situations. But do we really know HOW to collaborate? The District Learning Design Team is excited to take our parents through a number of activities to build a deeper understanding of collaboration and the skills needed to do it well. Parents will actively participate in the activities and will experience life as a Collaborator in the West Bloomfield School District.
- Jan. 23 - 7 p.m. at WBHS - Interested in learning more about the college process and what you need to know whether your child is in 1st or 11thgrade? The Parent Collaboration Group will host Noelle Essig, West Bloomfield's College and Career Counselor, to share about College 101. Topics discussed will be how much does it really cost? How does the application process work? What should my child be doing to prepare for college? What is the FAFSA, EFC, NPC, & CSS? How do I find scholarships? How can West Bloomfield High School help me? It is not too soon to start thinking about college as scholarships and opportunities are out there for all ages. Mrs. Essig will leave time for open discussion to answer your questions. You are not alone and we are here to help!
- Mar. 19 - 10 a.m. at Scotch Elementary
- Cloud Learning Videos
- District Bullying Policy
- District Map
- Keyboarding Without Tears
- Internet Safety Guide
- Parent Guide to Online Safety
- Nut Restricted Zone Parent Letter
- School Bell Times
- School Feeder Chart
- Student Code of Conduct | Student Code of Conduct Article I