• Students who need support


    Welcome to Student Support Services!  We are here to provide
    support to all students in the West Bloomfield School District
    regardless of what type of special education challenges they may face.
    The Student Support Services Links to the left will help guide you
    in understanding what is available for your child
    to be most successful in the school environment.
    Click on the topic of interest to learn more!

     Click here to visit the West Bloomfield Transition Center website for our Post Secondary Program

    The Oakland County Center Program Redesign

    As a result of a variety of challenges that districts in Oakland County have been addressing related to servicing students with complex needs, much work has been done within and across Oakland County to address these challenges to ensure that all students receive the programming they require in the setting that is most advantageous to them.  

    On June 8, 2012, the Oakland County Superintendent’s Association (OCSA) adopted a resolution of support for a system to serve students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) who have complex needs further directing that additional activities occur to assure full implementation of center program redesign by August 2016.  

    At the core of this very important work are students.  Please review the Oakland County Center Program Redesign Parent Communique', which will provide a brief summary of what occurred during 2011-12 and 2012-13.   

    Be assured that it is the intent of the County Program Redesign Steering Committee and related work groups, that any student with an IEP who has complex needs who may not be able to be supported within their local school district be provided the services and programming necessary to ensure that their dignity and independence are of utmost importance when considering placement options.  

    If you have any questions regarding the guiding principles or work that is being done county wide on center program redesign, please contact your local Special Education administrator.