Parents and students often wonder what it is that a school counselors do on a daily basis.
As important members of an educational team, Abbott Middle School Counselors are available to all students in the areas of academic, personal, social, and career development. Through a comprehensive developmental school counseling program, counselors work together with school staff, parents and the community to create a caring, supportive atmosphere whereby students can achieve optimal success.
School Guidance Curriculum
- academic skills support
- coping strategies, peer relationships,and effective social skills including bully prevention
- communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- college readiness and career exploration
- individual/family/ school crisis intervention
- goal-setting and decision-making
- academic and career planning
- education in understanding of self, including strengths and areas of improvement
- guidance through transition planning
- professional development - school/district/state
2018-2019 Counselor Assignments:6th grade: Mrs. Nanci Gelsey7th grade: Ms. MacKenzie Peguese8th grade:Last names:A-J: Ms. MacKenzie PegueseK-Z: Mrs. Nanci GelseyStudents with active IEPs: Mrs. Jill Guanco