Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Elementary Education (CMU) (ZA) Early Childhood Endorsement Master's of Teaching in Reading and Language Arts (Oakland University)
Mrs. Nicole Risden
I am so excited that you all are a part of my classroom this year! I absolutely LOVE teaching & am looking forward to an amazing year with all of you!
I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from Central Michigan University (Fire Up Chips!) in 2009 and graduated with my Master's Degree in Reading from Oakland University in December 2017! I also continue to take classes and workshops to keep my teaching up to date! You never stop learning!
Some of my interests include reading, learning, working out, boating, snowmobiling & snowboarding! I love everything about MI, my husband and I are huge outdoors people who love to adventure, no matter the season!
Here are some interesting things about me:
* I got MARRIED this summer, June 30th, 2018! So if my face looks familiar, but my name doesn't, you know why ;) I was previously, Ms. Tschirhart but am so excited to start this new chapter in my life!
* I LOVE all seasons & am in LOVE with MICHIGAN! I love anything Michigan; decor/decals/glasses or any MI made items!
* I am mildly OBSESSED with TJ Maxx
* I have an older sister & brother-in-law who are both in the Army and are currently stationed in Maryland, but were previously in Colorado & Hawaii!
* I have 2 nieces; Isabella (Bella) and Addison. Bella will be four on December 18th and Addison will be two on December 17th!! Bella is my sister's daughter & Addison is my sister-in-law's!
* I have 2 dogs, Bo and Sophie
* I have 2 cats, Rocky & Lily
* I workout 4-5x per week atVIP fitness & LA fitness!
* I graduated with my MAT in reading and Language Arts in December 2017!
These are a few of my favorite things
* Candy: Gum- I'm usually chewing it OR Good-n-Plentys (my guilty pleasure)
* Stores: TJ MAXX/Marshalls/Homegoods
* Music: Country
* Color: Pink
* Pop: Coke (REGULAR not diet(!) in a can)
* Coffee: Biggby Coffee (teddy bear-hot) OR Tim Hortons (ice-cap)
* Place: Home/Upnorth
* Hobby: Reading or anything active like working out, snowmobiling, boating
* My best friend: My husband, Jeremy!