Fall 2018 Information:
Dear Abbott Eagles Families,
7th & 8th Grade Football
Welcome to another year of winning Eagles football. I am sharing some very important information that will help us get the season going as effectively as possible. Please note ALL of the following requirements for joining the team and starting practice.
Football is a NO CUT sport. As long as you regularly attend practice and put in the proper effort at improving, you are on the team.
To participate in ANY sport for West Bloomfield, ALL of the following must be completed before you can participate in ANY way, including attending practice:
- A current physical (after April 15, 2018) MUST be submitted.
- You MUST have signed up on the district athletics website.
- You MUST have submitted your pay to participate fee. This can be done electronically, on the athletics website, or in person at the athletic office, at WBHS. Coaches WILL not accept pay to participate funds.
YOU WILL NOT be allowed to board the bus from Abbott to the high school unless these mandatory items are accounted for.
Practice begins Wednesday, September 5. A shuttle will take athletes from Abbott to the high school each day, but they must be picked up at WBHS at 5:30.
MHSAA guidelines stipulate that football players must complete a minimum of three non-contact conditioning days before they can be issued equipment and engage in contact practices. The longer it takes to get all paperwork in, the longer athletes will have to wait for equipment and full contact football. This is NON-NEGOTIABLE.
ALL practices will be at WBHS from 3:30 until 5:30 daily. A calendar with practice cancellations (ex. Homecoming) and game locations and times will be provided the first week of practice at a brief parent meeting.
Coaches Kremer & Brown
PS- We will provide all required equipment and a lock/locker (once equipment is distributed). Athletes are expected to provide their own:
- Groin protection
- Optional equipment: Gloves, girdle, etc. (NO visors)
- Physical- All players need to get a physical and complete both sides of the physical form. The link to the online physical form is below. This should be turned in to me on the first day of practice:
- Medical History and Treatment Permission form - completed by parents.
- Pay to Participate. The fee for football is $200. This can be paid either in person at the high school athletic office or online. If paying in person, please make checks out to West Bloomfield Schools. If paying online, please follow the link below to register for payment: