Welcome to the West Bloomfield School District Technology Department! We are focused on supporting the teaching and learning of students both in the classroom and at home. Please review our department information below and select the options that best suit your current technology needs.
Oakland Schools Service Desk
There are three technology forms that need to be completed by parents/guardians and students each school year. Please keep an eye out for this information sent via SchoolMessenger from the district.
KAJEET SMARTSPOT AND WIFI INFORMATION
- Public WiFi (Map of public wifi locations)
- Smartspot Guides (Guides on how to operate your district issued hotspot)
- Kajeet Smartspot Parent/Student Guide (Information on our district provided hotspots)
- Kajeet Educational Filters (Information on district hotspot filtering)
- COPPA applies to commercial companies and limits their ability to collect personal information from children under 13.
- By default, advertising is turned off for the District’s presence in Google Apps for Education. No personal student information is collected for commercial purposes.
- This permission form allows the school to act as an agent for parents in the collection of information within the school context. The school's use of student information is solely for education purposes.
- FERPA protects the privacy of student education records and gives parents the rights to review student records.
- FERPA, schools may disclose directory information (See Board Policy) but parents may request the school not disclose this information. Parents are provided the opportunity
- Requires the school to have filters in place to protect students from harmful materials including the obscene.