Community and Enrichment
Our mission is to Support, Supplement, and Complement our K-12 program, while providing educational services to our community at-large.
Community Education is a self-sustaining department that is funded through:
- Tuition & fees
- State & federal grants for our ESL program
- Early Childhood grants for low-income families
Profits generated from our activities flow back into the General Fund of the School District, thereby further enhancing WBSD’s educational programs.
We do this through our four main components:
Early Childhood & School-Age Child Care
- We offer a full range of early childhood programs which includes Stepping Stones, a full-day for three year olds, Junior Kindergarten, a full-day for four years olds and Traditional Preschool, a half-day program for three and four year old children.
- We were one of the first school districts in Oakland County to offer the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP), a state-funded full-day Preschool program for four year olds which provides tuition to families who qualify based on socio-economic factors.
- We are widely recognized as having one of the best early childhood programs in Oakland County using the HighScope curriculum endorsed by Oakland Schools.
Adult Education & English as a Second Language
- We consistently meet and exceed state standards in our Adult Education/ESL program and have one of the highest enrollments in Oakland County.