Community and Enrichment
Our mission is to Support, Supplement, and Complement our K-12 program, while providing educational services to our community at-large. We do this through our four main components:
Early Childhood & School-Age Child Care
- We offer a full range of early childhood programs which includes Stepping Stones, a full-day for three year olds, Junior Kindergarten, a full-day for four years olds and Traditional Preschool, a half-day program for three and four year old children.
- We were one of the first school districts in Oakland County to offer the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP), a state-funded full-day Preschool program for four year olds which provides tuition to families who qualify based on socio-economic factors.
- We are widely recognized as having one of the best early childhood programs in Oakland County using the HighScope curriculum endorsed by Oakland Schools.
Adult Education & English as a Second Language
- We consistently meet and exceed state standards in our Adult Education/ESL program and have one of the highest enrollments in Oakland County.
Summer Camp is SOLD OUT
If you are not enrolled in Summer Camp and need care for your child, check out:
- West Bloomfield Park & Recreation
- Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit
All you need to know about 2022 Summer Camp
- As of July 18, 2022 FREE lunch will be provided at Gretchko Elementary School.
Click here to view the menu. Please pack a water bottle and two snacks (nut free). There is a cold water station to refill water bottles at Gretchko Elementary School. For safety concerns, we will not be heating or cooling lunches. Please pack ice packs and/or thermos.
- Three Age Groups
- Ages 3-5 (young campers must be potty trained, no exceptions)
- Grades 1-4
- Grades 5-8
- Located at Gretchko Elementary, USE THE BACK DOOR for drop off and pick up, Click here for a Map
- Parents/Grown Ups please sign child in and out
- M-F for 7 weeks June 27 - August 12 (omit days 7/4, 8/1, 8/2, 8/3), Click here for a Calendar of Events
- If you need to make a change to your August schedule, log into your Eleyo Account here, for help with changes follow these instructions
- Camp Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Before Care: 7 - 9 a.m. (optional)
- After Care: 3 - 6 p.m. (optional)
- Daily Schedule, Emergency Form, Medication Form
- All Staff are WBSD Employees
- Wednesday is "Water Day" pack a towel and bathing suit. No swimming/no pool. Water Day = sprinklers, water toys
- Three Age Groups
- June 15 - payment for any registrations in June and July
- July 15 - payment for any registration in August
- August 15 - payment for any registrations remaining
All you need to know about 2022 Summer Camp at ACS
Map & Daily Schedule (omit days 7/4, 8/1, 8/2, 8/3)
view & register for Summer 2022
We provide activities and services for tots to seniors. Our varied and exemplary programs promote life-long learning as a means to success and fulfillment.
We are proud of being distinguished as the 2013 “District of the Year” by the Oakland County Community and Adult Educators for our outstanding community education programs and services.
Community Education is a self-sustaining department that is funded through:
- Tuition & fees
- State & federal grants for our ESL program
- Early Childhood grants for low-income families
Profits generated from our activities flow back into the General Fund of the School District, thereby further enhancing WBSD’s educational programs.