July 2, 2021
Dear West Bloomfield families,
Following the recent appointments of Scott Long to the position of Assistant Superintendent of Learning Services and Sonja James to the position of Executive Director of Educational Equity and Inclusion, we are pleased to share the following administrative updates:
- Ashleigh Larkin will be joining Sheiko Elementary as Principal.
- Ms. Larkin most recently served as Head of School for Oakland Early College. She also served as a social studies teacher and Assistant Principal at West Bloomfield High School.
- Ms. Larkin earned a Bachelor Arts in interdisciplinary studies in social sciences in 2008 from Michigan State University and her secondary teacher certification in social studies from Wayne State University in 2010. She also completed her Masters of Arts in teaching from Wayne State University in 2014 and began studying towards her education specialist certification in 2016 from Central Michigan University.
- Morrison Borders will be joining Oakland Early College as Head of School.
- Mr. Borders most recently served as Associate Principal of Lakers Online and Executive Director of Pupil and Personnel Services. He also served as Assistant Principal and then Principal of Orchard Lake Middle School.
- Mr. Borders earned a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education and Health from Wayne State University in 2003 and his Masters in the Art of Teaching from Marygrove College in 2005. He also earned his Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership from Liberty University.
I have the utmost confidence in these administrators and that their new administrative responsibilities will continue to serve the best interests of West Bloomfield School District students and families. Please join me in welcoming and congratulating Ms. Larkin, Mr. Borders, Mr. Long and Ms. James on their new roles within Team WB.
We are looking forward to the hiring of a new principal at Doherty Elementary in the coming weeks. We will continue to communicate updates with our school district community throughout the summer.
I hope you all enjoy a safe and fun holiday weekend. Have a wonderful rest of your summer break.
Dr. Gerald Hill