The West Bloomfield School District is proud to announce that two schools are ‘Michigan Green Schools’ for the 2019-2020 school year. A school is eligible to receive a Green School, Emerald School, or Evergreen School Environmental Stewardship Designation if the school or students perform the required number of activities, with a minimum of two activities from each of the four categories: Recycling, Energy, Environmental Protection, and Miscellaneous Activities.
The activity requirements for each level of environmental stewardship designation are as follows:
- Green School - 10 to 14 total activities with at least two activities from each of the four categories
- Emerald School - 15 to 19 total activities at least two activities from each of the four categories
- Evergreen School - 20 or more total activities at least two activities from each of the four categories
Below is a list of West Bloomfield Schools that have been awarded ‘Michigan Green School’ certification and their level for this school year:
- Gretchko Elementary - Evergreen
- Scotch Elementary - Evergreen
Michigan Green Schools is a non-profit 501(c)3 agency dedicated to assisting all Michigan schools – public and private – achieve environmental goals which include protecting the air, land, water and animals of our state along with world outreach through good ecological practices and the teaching of educational stewardship of students pre-kindergarten through senior high school.