Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
West Bloomfield School District Equity Statement
The West Bloomfield School District is committed to:
- Creating equitable environments for all students that ensure access and opportunities to culturally responsive and anti-racist curriculum
- Eliminating policies that create systemic barriers to success
- Taking action in the development of anti-racist, culturally relevant curriculum that honors, uplifts, and promotes the uniqueness of our district and the greater West Bloomfield community.
- Overcoming barriers to learning that we have identified through educational research, to ensure equal and equitable access to opportunities, resources, and services for all students and families.
The West Bloomfield School District will operate in a manner that honors and celebrates the differences of its students and their families.
BOE Anti-Racism Resolution
During the Board of Education's June 22, 2020 meeting, the following resolution was based pertaining to anti-racism in the West Bloomfield School District:
- WB Statement on Anti-Asian Racism - March 2021