Board of Education
2021 Board of Education Officers:
- Stacy Brickman, President
- Julie Beaty, Vice President
- Nelson Hersh, Secretary
- Ken Ferguson, Treasurer
The board is responsible for carrying out mandatory laws as expressed in the Michigan Constitution and Michigan Statutes, Federal Laws and Regulations relating to schools and school districts.
The three main responsibilities of the board are:
- Hiring the superintendent
- Adopting policies
- Adopting the budget
The regularly scheduled West Bloomfield Board of Education meetings are aired LIVE on Channel 19, WBTV, or Channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse.
The West Bloomfield School District educates students to be their best in and for the world.
We will develop socially responsible citizens empowered to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing global society, and who are characterized by curiosity, creativity, critical thinking, and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
We believe that:
- all children can and will learn;
- students learn best through authentic and engaging experiences;
- each student has unique talents which deserve development;
- equity and access to rigorous curriculum is every student’s right;
- inquiry-based instruction fosters critical thinking and creative problem solving;
- technology enriches how teachers teach and students learn;
- diversity is one of our strengths;
- building strong relations increases trust and positively impacts learning;
- inspiring learning is a shared responsibility;
- learning together and collaborating as professionals empowers us to meet the needs of each student;
- all employees, departments and buildings are interdependent and strengthen our ability to accomplish our mission; and
- resources must be maximized to excellently accomplish our mission.