Board of Education
2023 Board of Education Officers:
- Stacy Brickman, President
- Nelson Hersh, Vice President
- Julie Beaty, Secretary
- Carol Finkelstein, Treasurer
Board of Education Responsibilities
The board is responsible for carrying out mandatory laws as expressed in the Michigan Constitution and Michigan Statutes, Federal Laws and Regulations relating to schools and school districts.
The three main responsibilities of the board are:
- Hiring the superintendent
- Adopting policies
- Adopting the budget
The regularly scheduled West Bloomfield Board of Education meetings are aired LIVE on Channel 19, WBTV, or Channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse.
Support each student’s needs by providing the opportunities, experiences, and educational tools for their journey.
All students will be:
• Critical thinkers
…empowering each for life ahead.
• All students can and will learn.
• Education is a shared responsibility between students, staff, and families.
• Equitable education is essential.
• Diversity enriches the community and education.
• Positive community, experiences, and relationships are key to student success.
• Everyone deserves to be seen, heard, and respected for who they are.