Message from the Superintendent
Welcome to the West Bloomfield School District. I am so proud to be a part of West Bloomfield’s rich tradition and forward thinking in the education of children. We believe in Educating Students to be their Best IN and FOR the World.
- WBHS in top 6% in nation – Newsweek/MSN
- OEC and WBHS Top High Schools in the Nation - NEWSWEEK
- All Blue Ribbon Schools
- SchoolMatch “What Parents Want Award”
- 94% of WBHS students go on to college
- All eligible schools received grade “A” from Ed Yes!
- WBHS is a top feeder to U of M and MSU
- APID - Advanced Placement International Diploma
- 26 Advanced Placement classes at WBHS
- National AP Achievement District
- Award Winning Fine Arts Program
- AVID college-prep program - only certified AVID district in Michigan
- Medical Mentorship with Henry Ford Hospital
- Political Leadership Program
- Compass Odyssey Online Learning Technology
- Oakland Early College on OCC Campus
- AVID - Only certified AVID district in Michigan
- Preschool Academy in all Elementary Buildings
- Community Education Enrichment and Recreation Programs
- First Class Facility Rentals
- Largest Tracking Solar Array Panel in Michigan
West Bloomfield is a residential suburban community of about 24,000 residents. The school district lies within West Bloomfield and includes the cities of Keego Harbor, Sylvan Lake and Orchard Lake Village. With 10 nationally recognized schools, we have a legacy of excellence and we continually strive to enhance the educational experiences for our students. The district caters to a culturally diverse student body of nearly 6,800 with 46 languages represented in addition to English.
West Bloomfield’s priority is the academic achievement of all students as we educate them to be critical thinkers, entrepreneurial problem solvers, and communicators that are respectful of the diversity in West Bloomfield. I believe we have a great tradition of excellence that sets us apart from others in the way that we seek to meet the needs of each child, by the way that we celebrate our diversity and vehemently work to insure inclusivity. Our staff represents a tradition of excellence in teaching and service to children and families that has consistently garnered us honors and high ratings that continue to make a standard to be matched by others and a premier choice for families.
West Bloomfield School District has developed integrated programs to impact and prepare students to compete in today’s world.
I invite you to learn more about our schools by exploring our website that takes you right inside our district.We are committed to providing premiere service to the West Bloomfield community and its children. Thank you for your interest in our school district, and if you have questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
I hope to meet you!
Gerald D. Hill, Ph.D.